Well first I will apologize for not updating the blog....but you have to understand I was gone on a three week dance tour, and just got back from my brother-in-laws wedding...and we have no Internet where we are residing now, so blog updates are few....sorry!!
I have officially graduated from Brigham Young University with a degree in Dance, emphasis in contemporary performance. Many people have asked me what I plan to do with this degree in the future. As of right now I am currently studying to receive my personal trainer certificate. BYU's dance program is known more for being educationally based then performance based. I was blessed to take MANY classes focusing on the body such as conditioning, anatomy (which I LOVED), kinesiology (the study of movement and how the body moves), and many more. I was fascinated with these classes and the knowledge I gained from them. I am not completely leaving my dance...don't be scared...I still cant live without it, but I am excited to use my knowledge of the body and how it works to helping people get into shape and living a healthier lifestyle. I am still ALWAYS looking for dance and teaching opportunities because this continues to be my passion.
Graduation was such a great time. My parents were both able to make it out to Utah, which I greatly appreciated. Aaron and I had a wonderful time spending quality time with them. Thanks for everything Mom and Dad!
Another great thing was that I was able to graduate with some of my dearest girlfriends. We met each other freshman year of college in the dorms, and have been best friends ever since. It is amazing how we were all able to graduate together. I love all of them dearly and plan to always keep in touch with them. Each one of them has touched my life in different ways. It is just such a unique thing to have such amazing friends. Love you all!!

1 comment:
And congrats on graduation! Maybe you can teach a dance class when you guys are home with your parents this summer and I can enroll my little girl!
Post a Comment