I am home sick right now and i have nothing better to do so i thought i would catch y'all up on life. We went to Philadelphia and Valley Forge last weekend. It was awesome! It was really cool to see the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall. For those who don't know what Independence Hall is, it is were the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution were both created and signed. It was really cool to be in the very room were the founding fathers signed those documents. Not everything in the room was original but the chair up front was the very chair that President George Washington sat in.
Also, Megan and I have never had a Philly cheese steak. I've heard the talk about them and how good they are but i never really thought they could be that good. Well, i'm here to tell you that they are! We went to Gino's and it was so good. I believe that Gino's was featured on the Food Network once before. It was so delicious. Also on the way home from Philadelphia we watch National Treasure, and it was cool to see that we have pretty much been to every location in that movie.
The next trip we took was to Gettysburg, PA. and Harper's Ferry, WV. Unfortunately Megan couldn't come because she had to work. Gettysburg is a really interesting place to visit. Really, its nothing but fields and trees, but it makes you think a lot about what happened there. We had a great tour guide and it was great to learn more about the war there and how it changed our nation forever. I kept looking off into a field or into the trees and imagining the same place around 146 years ago. It is crazy to think that on that very ground, Americans fought against Americans and we killed tens of thousands of our own men in 3 days. OK, enough of the history lesson, the point is, it was a wonderful experience.
We also had the chance to go to a Brave's game the other night with our good friends Reece and Courtney Semanek. They are also here for an internship, and they are our neighbors. The Nationals have a pretty cool stadium, but its nothing like good ol' Turner Field in Atlanta. The Braves won and we had a good time.
My parents came out to visit us a few weeks ago and it was great to have them here. We had so much fun and probably saw more sites in 3 days than a normal person could see in a week! We felt like experienced tour guides and we pretty much walked ourselves to death! We were really tired but it was worth every single minute! Here is a list of a FEW things we did and saw: Washington monument, Lincoln memorial, WWI memorial, WWII memorial, Vietnam War memorial, Korean War memorial, The White House, Library of Congress, U.S. Capitol building, National Archives, Smithsonian Museums: Air and Space Museum, American History Museum, Natural History Museum, National Zoo, National Botanical Gardens, Tomb of the Unknown Soldier, John F. Kennedy’s grave site, Arlington National Cemetery, Pentagon Memorial.
My internship is going well. I am interning with the President's Committee for People with Intellectual Disabilities. My co-workers are fantastic and i love going to work with them. If anybody is interested in what we do please feel free to visit our website http://www.acf.hhs.gov/programs/pcpid.

5 comments:
great documentary of your travels!!! Makes us feel like we were there with you! We might even be jealous!!!
I got your text this afternoon. Wow, you REALLY ARE a great photographer! A lot of your pictures have a great perspective to them. The presidential seal on your job post is very cool! All this blogging is wonderful and will be treasured memories for the future. But why the pictures of the the good food? You got me hungry and yes, I want a philly cheese steak NOW please.
What does it mean to open 3 Gap cards? I assume that means she gets perks or Kudos for getting people to open Gap credit cards?
In this economy people should get perks and kudos for cutting their cards into pieces :)
All that stuff you've been to see is great. We've been here nearly 7 years now and have not seen what you have seen (mostly just Gettysburg and Liberty Bell). I'm not much of a tour guide, don't know my history all that well. It was always my worst subject, dates just boggle my mind. If you can perform calculations on numbers I love them, if you have to memorize them, I'm a lost cause.
Would have loved to see you folks too. I know that when people come visiting, there is limited time and all. But I just love them though! Glad I get to see the pictures of them, the next best thing :)
i do believe you two are living the life. miss you both!
Glad to find your Blog. So fun to see all of the historical places this country has to offer. Hope you get feeling better soon.
Taylor and Alisa Ensign
www.ensignisms.blogspot.com
Post a Comment