Monday, November 16, 2009

What our life is like.....

I should have posted these pictures earlier because I know my parents have been wanting to see what our apartment looks like. So here are just a few pictures of our small but very cozy studio apartment and our surroundings here on L Street.










And here are just some other pictures. Some of our friends here in dc all making pizza together, our church where we attend, Aaron at the capitol, and me at the Kennedy Center.









I have learned over these last few months of living here, that our simple life is such a blessing. I know we will look back at these times and just smile and laugh because the world would say that we have nothing, but we feel like we are on top of the world. We have each other and our goals and we know with that, we can get through life. Life is simple and life is good!

12 comments:

Aly said...

Love the pics!I miss the barlow center, and the city. Also, I have always loved that pink suit on you!

Rachel said...

Megan I love your hair! And I'm glad y'all are having a good time out there! Miss you!

-Rachel

Happy The Man said...

Very nicely put (about life being simple). Great pics!

Anonymous said...

Oh so well said.. You will come to find that these will be some of the best times of your lives!! We love being a part of your adventures through your blog.. Love you both so much!

Adam & Kristen Birkmeyer said...

Oh, thanks for posting these pics! I too have been wanting to see where you guys are living. And I have to say, I love your pink suit in that last picture!

Grant and Jill said...

Ok, so I totally blog stalked you, but oh well! Looks like things are going well for you guys. You are both amazing. Random, is that Sarah Inouye in the pizza picture? She was in my piano studio! Crazy. I hope you guys are doing well.

Amanda and William said...

Great pics Meg!!! Miss you. See you soon- I will be there for Thanksgiving- Be in touch if yall will be in town.

Sarah Young said...

I just loved this post. As I was reading through it I turned to Justin and told him how great it is that you guys are having these great opportunities before life gets complicated, as it sometimes has a way of doing! There truly is nothing quite like simplicity. It allows us to fully soak in and savor life as it should be enjoyed and lived! So I was glad when you ended by basically saying the same thing! I feel ya sistah! Simple is just so, so good. And I am just so happy for you and Aaron, I can't think of another two people who deserve such a happy life! :)

mlb said...

what a fun place to live! and i am obsessed with your pink suit--you look precious!!! xoxo

Kallie said...

it looks like y'all are having a blast in DC! a simple life (aka one I know very well being a poor grad student) is actually pretty great. it forces you to be creative in how you do things which can actually be quite fun! xoxoxo
ps your hair is adorable!!!

Rachel Anne Robbins Kuch said...

this post made me happy! i love your life.

mare said...

how darling you are! truly, simplicity is the way to go-its real happiness. we cant wait to get you guys back in utah tho. cute bedspread. cute hair. cute apt. say hello to the manos from us