I have loved learning about my grandmas life. She was such an accomplished woman. She was the oldest of eleven children, was a wave in the Navy during WWII, attended and graduated from Brigham Young University (when very few women did in her day), married a wonderful man, had my mother, and the lis goes on and on. Throughout all of this the one thing that I have always felt such a connection with my grandma was that we both loved to dance. I truly believe that I recieved my passion and love of dance through her. She was a modern dancer at Brigham Young University, as I am now. My mother would tell me that when she would watch me dance, I looked like my gandma. I will never forget my grandma giving me tap lessons on my kitchen floor growing up. She was the master of time steps. She increased my love for dance, in which I am forever grateful. I am so grateful to her and for the time she spent with me. I will always love and miss her, and remember the great memories I shared with her.



6 comments:
Megan, What a beautiful tribute to your Grandmother. I just heard from my sister that she had passed away last night. You and your family are in our thoughts and prayers during this difficult time. Please let your Mom know how much I love her too and hope that she is holding up alright.
We are so looking forward to seeing you all....a blend of happy and sad times. Sure do love you guys!!
Megan, Jody called and told me about your Grandma. I want you to know that I'm so sorry for you and your family's loss. One of the beautiful things that come with passing is that your Grandma has a beautiful, healthy body now. I hope that will bring you some comfort in your time of loss.
megan. i am so sorry to hear about your grandma. she was such a cute lady and i know she is in a better place now. you and your family are in our prayers. p.s. i cant wait to see you next week! love you lots!
I've heard a lot about your grandmother over the years, even had her in our home a few Thanksgivings ago (2004), but I didn't know these things about her and I wish I had. Thanks for sharing. As I've watched you dance many times over the years, and know your passion for it, I had no idea that you shared that passion with your grandmother.
I hope you are all finding comfort in being together as a family. Our love goes out to all of you and you are in our prayers.
What an awesome lady. We will miss her in the ward also.
Post a Comment